Manzanita Wish Tree Starter Kit. Your guests will love this idea, inspired by a European wedding tradition! Shipping included (continental USA).
Add crystal strands or flowers, and fill the containers with a material of your choice. This starter kit includes two 24" natural manzanita branches, two 6 x 4 x 4 square wooden containers, and a template document to download and print your wish cards. One kit should be sufficient for 50 to 75 wish cards. Instructions for putting your trees together can be viewed here.
Items needed: hot glue gun, two foam blocks, and box filler material (all available at Michaels' Crafts).
Perforated business cards, Avery model 8371 (Office Depot or OfficeMax).
Each kit includes:
- Two (2) 24" natural manzanita branches
- Two (2) 6 x 4 x 4 square wooden containers
- Each kit will sufficiently hold 50 to 75 wish cards
- Wish card template - Click here to download
- Assembly instructions - Click here to view
- Shipping included within the continental USA. Alaska, Canada, Hawaii, Puerto Rico require additional shipping.
: Consistently Inconsistent!
When purchasing natural branches such as Manzanita, Curly
Willow and Birch, keep in mind that they are unlike other decorative
branches used for floral design. Each one is an individual shape and
sculpture, and may take on a variety of shapes and variations. Most
professional centerpieces are created using several branches to achieve a
full look, so always consider purchasing additional pieces or fillers.
This needs to be a first consideration when purchasing your branches. It's best to order your branches all at once.
If you place an order today, and another order in a week, you will
nearly always see a difference in the product. This is because the
harvest areas change every 2-4 days, resulting in changes in the
harvested product. No two harvests are ever the same.
The following characteristics of manzanita branches are naturally occurring, and are a part of working with the material.Characteristics of Natural (red) Manzanita:
- Shape: shapes vary with each piece, harvest area, and
time of year. Manzanita always grows wide and flat rather than
- Branches: branches can vary greatly in diameter with each piece.
- Size: sizes are approximate and vary with each piece, harvest area, and time of year.
- Bark: color and condition of the bark will vary
with each season, harvest area and time of year. Spring through Summer
(six month period), Manzanita bark will regenerate and peeling will take
place. To remove loose or peeling bark, use a soft brush. For stubborn
areas, use a light wire brush. Touch up with floral paint, such as
Design Master's "October Brown" floral paint available at Michael's
- Age: Manzanita branches will last indefinitely (we
have centerpieces in our showroom that are several years old). Cracks
and splits will occur as the wood naturally cures, however this will not
cause them to break in half, fall apart, etc. Using the floral paint
mentioned above to add color into the spliting areas makes them
- Leaves: leaves are mechanically or manually removed, depending on the current season, harvest or time of year.